Saturday, September 6, 2008

Does Showing up Count?

Now what kind of country do we live in that you can't buy a Hummer at 8:15 on a Thursday night. Sheesh. I went to the Northern Boulevard HUMMER dealership to do my test drive. I had my whole story worked out about my boyfriend wanting to buy one but I had to feel comfortable driving it because it would be at our country home and his friend who's a partner at "the firm" recommended "you guys" because he liked dealing with "you guys" when he bought HIS Hummer. And how he was supposed to meet me there but had to stay late at the office, BIG DEADLINE. I was even ready with flip flops in case heels wouldn't work. But noooooooo, they weren't even open. Whatever! Every other freakin' dealership on that road was open. I was tempted to test drive a Lincoln Navigator on my walk home but didn't think that would quite equal the HUMMER. My friend Maura is outraged that I would even test drive the Hummer due to our environmental status in the world. She suggested a Prius instead. Now, does anyone else see the BLAH factor in that alternative? I'll try again but maybe on the weekend when it's light out. I can totally see myself taking out a few car mirrors on these slender streets of ours. I did that in Dublin when I had to learn how to drive on the other side of the street. My cousin just told me to keep going. So I did. I'm very influential that way.

No comments: